• Go to [My Support] in your SDL account.
• Various internet forums such as
Yahoo – Trados Workbench and other Trados products
ProZ – SDL Trados Technical Support
• A quick guide for the translation of SDL Trados Studio 2009 is available under Start -> Programs -> SDL -> SDL Trados Studio 2009 -> Documentation -> Quick Start Guide on the computer.
SDL Open Exchange (http://www.sdl.com/en/language-technology/partners/sdl-openexchange/)
On the above website you can download free plug-ins such as:
SDL XLIFF Converter for MS Office – Convert sdlxliff files to MS Office files for external proofreading and import them back after editing to Studio.
SDL TTX It! – Convert files to TTX files that can be translated direct in Studio and delivered as a bilingual file to persons who do not use Studio.
CodeZapper – Delete unnecessary tags that are generated when converting from PDF to WORD, so that the translation in Studio can be performed more efficiently.
The software is available at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/files/CodeZapper
• Different scenarios about customer requirements of file format, e.g. the client sends DOC files and require back bilingual documents and translated ‘cleaned’ DOC files, are described with step by step instructions in the document How to work with the translation supply chain with SDL Trados 2009.pdf or alternatively you can download the document from the SDL website.
• Some file formats must be prepared before they can be translated in Studio. Step by step instructions for each file format are displayed if you search for “Prepare” in Studio Help.
• At the webpage http://langtech.jrc.it/DGT-TM.html#Introduction, you can follow the instructions to download an enormous EU memory, which you can use to generate an AutoSuggest glossary.
FAQ from the courses
Question: I changed the layout in Studio some time ago, now I’ve changed it again but am not happy with the change and want to restore the layout to my previous setting and not to the factory setting via the “Reset Window Layout” option. Can I do that?
Answer: Yes, by creating and using a user profile. Instructions on how to do this can be found by clicking Användarprofiler.doc
Question: Is there a keyboard shortcut for “Insert into document” during concordance search?
Answer: No, but SDL Support shall ask the software developers to add one, so hopefully it will be included in a future version.